Before we can get your energy level zooming sky-high, we’ve got to see what’s holding you back in the first place. Everyone has Energy Blockers—negative emotions or behavior patterns that zap your energy BIG TIME. They’re usually found in these three areas:
Nutritional: Energy Blockers caused by poor food choices. This is what my eating plan is all about.
- White-flour, breads and pastas can be the cause of persistent headaches, grogginess,
and a dragged-out feeling.
- Sugar gives you an energy rush, then within an hour, it feels like someone pulled your plug!
- Salt deadens your taste buds so you eat more to satisfy yourself. It is also believed to contribute
to high blood pressure and BLOAT (think puffy or cellulite)!
Emotional: Energy Blockers caused by relationship issues ranging from problems at school or work, family conflicts, or a relationship that’s getting you down, etc.
Medical: Energy Blockers caused by a medical condition. You need a doctor’s checkup to find out what’s wrong.
Is your Inner Energy being blocked? Take the Energy Blocker Quizzes.
Recharging Your Mental Batteries
Time for a Power Surge!
After you identify your Energy Blockers, some of you will be able to deal with them head on. Others may need to take smaller steps depending on your situation. Trust me, it helps just knowing what is causing you to be destructive to yourself. See how we recharge at the end of each Energy Up! session! (video button)
Below are some tips to JUMP YOUR SLUMP and start loving yourself every day.
- Create your own “Voltage Approved” Energy Up! Space. This should be a space where you can “plug in” for a recharge. Add an object that reinforces your Energy Up! way of life. It can be an aromatherapy candle or spray, something sparkly, a special pillow or stuffed animal, etc.
- Create a positive morning routine to jump-start your day
- Wake your body up by doing at least 5 minutes of activity – jumping jacks, squats, push-ups, stretching, etc. It will get your endorphins pumping!
- Look in the mirror and say a positive affirmation to yourself.
- Put on a happy face – SMILE, and see how it changes your mood!
- Practice good posture. It’s hard to be depressed when you are standing up tall. Remember: Energy Up! Girls are LOUD and PROUD!
- Hug Yourself. It’s time to kick self-hate out the door! You have to love yourself before you can love anybody else.
- Do something thoughtful for someone else – it’s like doing something cool for yourself. Let me explain. Positive thinking is not a vague idea.
It’s also about being grateful for everything you do have and every challenge you meet. It is about being humble, gentle and caring towards those around you.
It gives you the power to cultivate a positive mental attitude so you don’t waste your energy on negative influences.
Here are some ideas to get you started:
- Forgive someone – for selfish reasons! Grudges drain your energy – who can be bothered
carrying that around?
- Tell someone they look pretty today
- Notice someone’s new hair style
- Give a gift or send a card for no reason at all
- Hug a friend or someone in your family
- Help make and/or clean up dinner (without being asked)