|Home||About||WTF?!?!?!||Program Overview||Our Partners||Donate||High Voltage||Blog||Members Only||Press|
Okay my little sweeties, listen up! Drinking water is a habit you NEED to get into. It should be something you do as naturally as brushing your teeth. Water is an HUGE part of the Energy Up! Program, and no, sodas and juices do NOT count!
Did you know that the average teen drinks three cans of regular soda a day?
The average 32 oz soda has as much sugar as a Snickers candy bar or ½ bag of Skittles. Puh-leeze! That’s liquid candy! By eliminating regular soda or any other flavored non-diet beverage the average teen can lose one pound per week!
Your body needs a minimum of 8 glasses of water a day. Plenty of research studies back this up, but if you need more reasons to drink up, here you go:
- It acts like an appetite suppressant.
- It brightens your eyes and clears up your skin.
- It helps combat water retention.
- It keeps you from getting dehydrated. DRINK UP before, during and after exercise.
- It gets your energy up! Many times when you feel tired or grouchy, you’re really just dehydrated and you need water.
So what are you waiting for? Chug-a-Lug, my sweeties!